Australia's next $1 billion 'unicorn' is here
See how a company started in a Queensland garage became the latest Aussie to reach 'unicorn' status
What's the key learning?
- The e-learning market is skyrocketing at the moment and is expected to grow more than 21% over the next six years
- The education and corporate sectors have taken a liking to e-Learning as it helps them engage and retain employees
WHO ACTUALLY IS GO1?
Go1, the Queensland based corporate training marketplace, is about to become Australia’s latest unicorn - joining the likes of Canva, Airwallex and SafetyCulture.
Go1 started in a Queensland garage (as all good startups do) back in 2015. Essentially, they provide online training courses to upskill employees.
- We’re talking first aid courses
- We’re talking coding courses
- We’re even talking well-being courses
Go1 has doubled its revenue year-on-year for the past five years. And in a bold move, they're calling themselves "Spotify for corporate education" (minus the RapCaviar, of course).
So, what's the key learning?
The E-Learning market, which Go1 is focused on, grew to more than $331 billion last year. But wait, there's more... it's expected to grow at more than 21% over the next six years.
E-learning platforms have seen a HUGE uptake from the education and corporate sectors over the past few years. Why? It helps them better engage and retain employees.